For some time forensic document examiners have been fortunate that the RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology) offered a basic training course relating to our work through the Forensic Program at RIT. Unfortunately, RIT recently decided to discontinue their popular Forensic Document Examiners Workshop.
The good news is that Central Piedmont Community College (CPCC), located in Charlotte, NC, has decided to step in to host/organize similar training in the form of a four-day conference. This new workshop has the support and the same industry speakers as was the case for RIT.
Topics to be covered include:
- security inks, substrate, and materials
- optical variable devices/holograms
- forensic devices and imaging software
- understanding color theory and reproduction
- overt and covert security features
- foundations of the most common print processes
- Dates: March 17-20, 2020
- Times: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily
- Registration deadline: February 28, 2020
Central Piedmont Community College
Harris Conference Center
3216 Harris Campus Dr.
Charlotte, NC 28208
- Organizer: Zachary Blackburn of CPCC will be the host and main organizer of the workshop and questions about the course should be directed to Zach.
Tel: 704-330-4427 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Information PDF from CPCC: